"The advantage of ultrasound examination is that alongside advanced technology I have direct contact with the patient himself. The patient usually comes to me and the examinations are transferred to his personal physician. A.R.M enables me to consult the surgeon to figure out how my test would best serve the patient"
Dr. Shmuel Meirsdorf completed his medical studies in the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and did his internship in the Sheba Medical Center.
He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at the Imaging Institute at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov)..
In the years 2007 and 2008, he did his internship in the abdominal imaging and invasive imaging at the St. Paul hospital in Vancouver, Canada. Subsequently, Dr. Meirsdorf served as a specialist in the Radiology Department of the same hospital.
Upon his return to Israel, Dr. Meirsdorf worked as a senior physician at the Imaging Institute at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov). In addition, he acts as a radiology specialist at the A.R.M Medical Center.
- A directorate member and treasurer of the Israeli Society of Ultrasound in Medicine
- The Israeli Radiology Society
- A member of the Radiological Society of North America
Key Treatment Areas
- Cervical Doppler US – with a focus on the thyroid and oncological cases before surgery and postoperative follow-ups and treatments
- Abdominal and pelvic US – enhanced demonstration of the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, kidney and urinary tract – including Doppler
- US aimed at the abdominal wall and groin, in hernia and lump investigation.
- Testicular US – including Doppler
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) of the thyroid
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) and fine needle biopsy (FNB) of lymph nodes in the neck, armpits and groin
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) and fine needle biopsy (FNB) of lumps in the liver and kidneys
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA) and fine needle biopsy (FNB) of lumps in the abdomen and pelvis, including the omentum
- Fine needle biopsy (FNB) of soft tissue lumps in soft tissues in the limbs or thoracic wall or abdominal wall
- Diagnostic or therapeutic puncture of abdominal and pelvic ascites.
Insurance companies and HMOs